The season premiere of Gilmore Girls aired last night. Last season was highly disappointing for me, so I was thrilled to see that the show seems to be back on track again. I’m hoping that successive episodes are going to match up to the brilliance of the show’s first year.
- Less of a Mary Sue approach to Lorelei and Rory
- Tertiary characters are where they belong–in the background doing their zany thing, but without interrupting the plot
- Secondary characters like Paris are getting more attention
- Lorelei was less of a total flake
- Rory had to face the consequences of her actions
This could be good…