Finally uploaded photos from my digital camera onto Flickr. This, dear reader, was a miraculous dinner.
I had the original Ina Garten recipe in my files and had almost forgotten its existence until I had reorganized my loose recipes. Anyhow the original calls for way too much butter, cream, making your own biscuits, roasting the chicken, etc. I adapted it somewhat.
- 3 whole (6 split) chicken breasts, bone in, skin on 1 rotisserie chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade yes, it came from a box, I don’t care. Was yummy
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter – omg no – try 5 tablespoons
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions (2 onions)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream totally did not need the cream
- 2 cups medium-diced carrots (4 carrots), blanched for 2 minutes – I like my carrots al dente, tyvm
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen small whole onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
Used a rotisserie chicken I had in the fridge. Just took off the skin and shredded/chopped it roughly. I halved the amount of butter and it worked just fine. The rest of the adaptations I made are listed above. I also did not make my own biscuits. Instead I used the no name supermarket large biscuits in a roll. I’m sure it’s even better with homemade biscuits.
It made a ton so it fed my neighbor, my mom, and me for multiple nights that week. Would totally make this again.