Okay, I am calmer now and attempting to remain so. I am not really trying to do a cleanse. I’m trying to learn better nutritional habits. So, another day, another year, it’s a fresh new start.
Breakfast: 2 stone-ground corn tortillas with scrambled egg beaters, 2 tbsp of bruschetta topping, and a cup of fresh avocado. Black coffee and the multivitamin as usual.
Lunch: I wasn’t terribly hungry so I had a whole wheat matzo with more avocado and an orange.
Dinner: 2/3 cup corn (frozen); fresh red tomato chopped with fresh basil, a tsp of balsamic vinegar, and a turkey patty with a tsp of Weber’s mustard, wrapped in a lettuce leaf.
Snack: 1/4 cup of raw almonds
- Calories: 1266 (under my daily goal)
- Carbs: 118 (under)
- Fat: 70 (over – I knew it would be with 2 avocados and the nuts)
- Protein: 55 (under)
- Sodium: 576 (lowest it’s been in months)
- Sugar: 25 (really under, but considering my sugar high of yesterday, I can live with that)
- Cholesterol: Really under
- Potassium: Under
- Fiber: Over
- Calcium: Under
- Iron, vitamins A & C: Over
So there you have it. Back on the proverbial wagon and back to somewhat respectable numbers.